Monday, August 3, 2015

Course adjustments

Our first month of Ho'omoku is pau. We have experienced the reality of spawning new territory. It is a slow and deliberate process. Magic has its place, but, every magician knows the illusion is only as good as breath; you must be able to take the next one.

I am making changes and adjustments to how I teach from this place named Ho'omoku. Here is a bit of what goes on for me. This is a post from my (other) blog Makua O'o

"When I awoke to the journey as Navigator and Translator, it was the limitation and reality of living with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities that opened my eyes, eyes and heart to precisely what Wall describes: "We are inevitably shaped by (our stories) no matter how distant they may be from our consciousness." Again and again I have acknowledged the deep and sustaining value of living in our car, setting up our nighttime home in her small enclosure, while being at the edge of the Ocean at a place I had known since a tiny girl. The Moon, Grandmother Moon, rose from our Ocean to light our way. She was indeed showing us the way home. From those 2007 engagements my life has been timed by Mahina, the Moon..."

The changes that I make now come from recognizing teaching people in person must start with being able to teach one person at a time what it means to be fragrance free enough to be close to me, and Pete. That's the starting point. We Ho'omoku ... actively make a place, an island, with one student.

The one to one exchange of energy means we engage when it is best for us. Given the current air quality brought on by very real climate chaos (the forests are burning), we plan for earlier meeting times. Our first August gathering will be at Sunrise.  6 AM. We will meet on a beach near our student's home. We will greet the sun and I will teach the words to E ALA E. And, if I'm not able to make the drive to the beach, we'll connect via the phone waves, and chant the sun that way. Navigating, always making adjustments:)

The remaining weeks of August will be a customized gathering at a time yet to be determined. We are hoping to celebrate the arrival of WIFI to the South Whidbey Tilth. That will allow Ho'omoku to be a place where on-line Hawaiian Language classes initiate a cyber ocean of connectedness. The on-line 'Olelo Hawaii Hawaiian Language program NIUOLAHIKI will be the next step in our island making.

Niuolahiki refers to an old family of coconut ... literally I hear the niu (coconut) saying, "Yes, we can!"
Course adjustments are a life-long skill, I pray for guidance from those Ancestors, my sea-faring surviving family who made their way on MOANA NUI, planting in me the genetic memory ... navigate ho'i!

If you are interested in Ho'omoku it is best to contact me directly, either by phone or email. Start with email at mokihanacalizarATgmailDOTcom.

Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment